The Surrounding Area.
- There are beautiful walks and bike rides around the Cortijo encapsulated by panoramic countryside.
- The quaint historic hillside village of Moclin is two kilometres away, overlooked by a 13th century castle, which was built to to mark the frontier between the kingdoms of Granada and Castille.
- A short 30 minute drive will take you to the vibrant city of Granada.
- The beguiling and atmospheric Alhambra Palace lies in the heart of the city. Originally constructed in AD 889, this exquisitely preserved Islamic palace is a unique gem that must be seen.
- Cordoba is one and a half hours drive .
- Close by are the beautiful cooling reservoirs of Cubillas and Colomera, where you can do Kayaking, sailing and paddle-boarding.
- Rock climbing is popular in this area and there are numerous challenges to explore.
- In the local village of Puerto Lope, there are bars, cafes and a vibrant fiesta culture.
- There are numerous interesting villages and small town in the vicinity to explore.
- Fabulous area for birdwatchers . Keen birdwatching guests have recently spotted a rare Golden Oriole from our terrace.